Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Today is the day! #blogjune

* x-posted from TROID*

It is June 1st and today we’re launching blogging every day for June  (#blogjune).  Gird your loins bloggers, because we’re in it for 30 days of blog writing!

Last year, a bunch of librarians & others on Twitter decided to challenge themselves to blog everyday for the month of June.  It was a challenge, but the participants enjoyed it so much that we have decided to do it again.
Blogging as a practice, appears to be slowing down for many people including myself.  I am reluctant to give it up entirely though.  I think it is because I’ve made some valuable connections with other people through my blog, it is my space to talk about my interests and let’s face it, 140 characters and Facebook statuses are limiting when you have a lot to say.

So here we go – hold onto your cardies because the wild ride is about to begin!  My Google reader subscriptions just got bigger.

I'll update this post will be updated later in the day with a link to an OPML feed/netvibes page of all the June bloggers.

Edited to update: OMGoodness - there are fifty-flippin'-six of them! WOW!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading all your posts, Penny. Can't say I will be as good at commenting on each day as you are at writing each day, but you can guarantee I will be reading.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following your 30 days this month.

    It is amazing who is left blogging so to speak from when I started five years ago and t be honest I am surprised I still am.

    At times I waver between blogging and not blogging, but I feel I would miss it if I gave up completely. Facebook doesn't quite do it for me to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freakin' 80 of them now... I have committed to doing two summaries on LINT before I leave next Saturday. It is a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete