Friday, June 24, 2011

#blogjune Day 24: In which I make excuses

for missing out yesterdays post.

1. Miss4 has chicken pox
2. Miss4 has chicken pox
3. I had to look after Miss4
4. My head spent the afternoon/evening surging around trying to get out of my skull.

So all in all I didn't feel like blogging. The head appears to be mostly settled. I have taken ginger tablets for the dizziness and panadol for the associated headache. There is something going on with my inner ears - I can feel it but not a lot one can do about that. Sleep is good.

As for Miss4, she's mostly very good if a little subdued, telling me she is a spotty dog. But the virus flares up in the evenings and it all gets itchy poor kid.

Today I worked from home. I did a lot of reading and am feeling a bit better about this paper I'm writing. I needed to get into the "academic writing" mode I think. I have now revised my plan of attack. Sure wish there was some support at MPOW for this stuff though, especially for first time conference presenters like me.

#dailyimage2011 24 June reading

3 comments:

  1. Awwww at Miss 4 and her itchies at night. I am glad you are feeling better about the paper and have a plan of attack. Although it may not seem so now, I think you will be an awesome presenter Penny.....and I am sorry I have been slack and haven't posted off your parcel, its still sitting here, I promise to send it off on Monday as I have some other mail sitting here too that needs to be sent off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenergan ... was the best thing for Alexanders 'pops' helped him sleep at night ... but it did the opposite for Jessi, making her wide awake and more prone to complaining!

    Hope your weekend is a good one, despite the pops in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 pm

    How awful - Kid1 had chicken pox at about the same age & it is was slightly nightmarish.
    Pity your POW isn't that supportive - if I can help in any way, let me know. 1st conference presentations can be daunting.
    I wish you all the best with it!

    ReplyDelete