Sunday, June 05, 2011

#blogjune Day 5: In which curry is made and consumed in large quantities

My sister had a GF visiting who had heard about our curry feast and wanted to experience them.  She is vegetarian so Indian food is an easy option.  I did have to cater to my dedicated carnivore husband though, so I made:
  • Vindaloo
  • Tamarind fish
  • Batata Nu shak (potatoes in a spicy sauce - I also included chickpeas in it)
  • Bhindi (okra or lady's fingers) with a garlic/seasame seed/coconut/poppy seed coating
  • Saag paneer
  • Mango lassi
  • Semolina firni

curry feast

My sister made:
  • Aloo ghobi
  • rice
  • A dahl from Uttar Pradesh

Dad made:
  • pooris
pooris

and P bought indian sweets from the sweet shop.

Sweets

While we were at Mum & Dad's, Mr7 got out the didgeridoo to play with. He used to be terrified of it, but now he's embraced his Australian heritage. (My parents are originally from NSW, Australia).

4 comments:

  1. Yummo! It all looks and sounds amazing. Think I'll make Dahl and Samosas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Indian curry, I am making butter chicken at the moment, the install pour from a jar type ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing feast....your dad's pooris look so yummy. Can you share the Batata Nu Shak recipe please. Aww at Mr7 embracing his heritage. Mike wondered what I was listening to when I played that clip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! Thank you for the inspiration, it's been way too long since we last cooked up an Indian feast :)

    I have a great recipe for gulab jamun - maybe I should post it during #blogjune ...

    ReplyDelete