Saturday, June 11, 2011

#blogjune Day 11: In which I try out my new blow torch

My day has been mostly good and even though I did quite a lot I didn't feel stressed like I've been these past few weekends.

I picked up some half price polyprop thermals for the whole family for our trip South later in the year, plus some boots for the kids.

I managed to take some photos to get printed so I can do some scrapbooking. I did make a bit of a boo boo with the colour management settings when I exported from Lightroom to my USB and thus when I got them printed they aren't as vibrant as I expected, but they look alright. At least, not bad enough for me to go back and get them all done again. I've usually printed stuff at home but a) DH has the matte black ink in the printer and b) we had no suitable paper and c) it's no longer economical for us to do our own printing for my needs. So off to Hardly Normal I went only to discover there was a huge queue and 2 hour wait for pick up. So I went to the WheroWhare instead where there was no queue and I only had to wait 30 minutes!  So what to do while waiting? Wander round the mall!!

I went into Stevens to ogle at the cast iron casseroles they have on special,and discovered they have a Creme brulee set reduced to $29.99 - 4 ramkins and the blow torch. Thank you very much serendipity! So I am now the proud owner of a blow torch. Tonight I used it on some crepe suzette, tomorrow I shall make creme brulee attempt two.

#dailyimage2011 11 June Flames

Delicious!

#dailyimage2011 11 June Crepe Suzette

Now, if Mr7 stops puking, I shall be quite upbeat about the day.

5 comments:

  1. I hear you. Serendipity indeed. All that's standing between me and a blowtorch for creme brulee is spotting one on sale :)

    Do please post a photo of the creme brulee when you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please!! Photos of the cream brulee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoooo hooo at a blow torch. Hope Mr7 is feeling better today. LOL@ the hardly normal reference. I never go there to get photos printed it's always so freaking busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that blowtorch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygoodness, i wants the creme brulee right now.

    hope your sweet babe is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete