Sally wrote a post about her kitchen appliances and I thought it a cool idea so here is my list of favourite appliances.
1. My Kitchen Aid. It's red, it goes fast and has curves... what's not to love?! I got it for my birthday in 2007 - it's arrival was rather amusing. I think I've used it every week on average. It has featured in a few posts on this blog.
2. The Espresso machine. We've had an espresso machine for a fair while now. I can't deny I'm a coffee snob. It is one of my guilty pleasures .
3. The dishwasher. When we bought the house in 2000 it didn't have a dishwasher. We'd promised ourselves that our house would have one so we installed one. I would hate to be without it now. Some people have said that washing dishes by hand promote fellowship and family bonding. That has never been my experience.
4. The crockpot. I probably use this every week as well. It means I have to get things ready the night before but it pays the next day because tea is on the table sooner. Which is great when you are an evil working mother and your daughter falls asleep by the oven if you don't get tea on soon enough. I actually have 2 crockpots. A large oval one and my grandmother's one.
5. Fridge/freezer/chest freezer... saves us from getting salmonella, buying food daily ... all that stuff
6. Washing machine. I couldn't cope without it.
7. Sewing machine. My mum bought me my first machine when I was a teenager and I've had one ever since. I've made so much stuff on my machine. Even a bag hide and tent for DH to use for bird photography. I should get myself an overlocker one of these days. Mum's one is living at my place at the moment and I really should give it back.