1. It has a pirate stapler.
2. It lets you have lots of holds... for FREE. When the supercity happens I will highly peeved if we inherit charges for holds from Un-named City. Bah! Bah I tell you! edited to add: not every library in NZ charges for holds, but one of the major Auckland ones does. Which I think stinks.
3. It hosts fun events like New Zealand Music Month. Including bagpipes.
4. The staff get to have paper aeroplane fights at their Christmas party. (Note plane crash landed in halo).
5. It has the entire Beatles collection on CD and it lets you borrow them.
6. You can sign up to get library notices via txt.
7. It has cool spaces for different needs.
8. It keeps your reading history for you. This is great for remembering what you read for monthly reading round ups! edited to add: this is an opt in option. You don't have to choose it if you are concerned about privacy.
9. It promotes the use of eco-bags to carry your books in.
10. The boss sends me to cool conferences like National Digital Forum and VALA.