Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 16: It's Thursday

which means a friend of ours is getting married in Ireland today and tomorrow is Friday the last day of the week.

I'm feeling a bit frayed around the edges. Trying to do one job but having another in the wings popping in and out to distract me hasn't been easy to juggle along with the other balls I have in the air. Today we've been discussing when my replacement will start and how it will all work with my leave, the contract and my attendance at a 2 day library seminar I will be going to wearing my new hat as eLearning librarian.  I am starting to feel nervous about the job and if I'm going to be able to achieve all the expectations my boss has of me.  I appreciate the faith he and the info literacy librarian have in me but eeeek!  I need to believe in myself!

Parent teacher interviews have been canceled for Mr6 because his teacher is sick (again) so I am torn between being peeved and trying to feel some sympathy with his teacher. She had some abdominal surgery last term and took most of it as leave, with a substitute teacher in charge. Since the 3rd term started she has been frequently unwell. I do feel sorry for her troubles but I do wonder if it would be better for her to take long term leave and give the children some consistency in their classroom. I feel mean for thinking it.

It's chilly, the fire is on and my bed is calling to me. So no erudite post tonight. Just some pictures.

This is the scarf/collar I made on the weekend.


 Walking the Mr6 to school...

He can be very solicitous towards his sister - here he is holding her hand and telling her something "important".  Not sure if you can see in the photo but he has also made her carry his book bag - she is quite willing to do so I might add. 

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how the parent interview went. Sorry to hear that it was cancelled, I certainly don't think you are mean for thinking what you did. You are being a concerned parent who wants to make sure her son does well in the classroom.

    Now being in job limbo can be hard, and the self doubt you have is normal Penny. Your boss knows you can do this.....Your boss believes in you. You are capable Penny and when you leave limbo land you will also see that.

    This is an exciting time and although this is pushing you out of your comfort zone you know that this is a good thing in the long run.

    There are so many people surrounding you Penny who are cheering you on from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be great in this eLearning role. Seriously take confidence from all those around you who believe you have so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete