I've been MIA - lots to do, ILs staying to help with kids this week because my Mum is doing jury service, shouldn't really blog at work etc.....But Hannah tagged me with this meme which looked quite fun. :-) And it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow too.
1. What is his name? Rod (Rodney actually but not many people call him that). I call him "sweetie". DS thought that was his real name for a while. ;-)
2. Who eats more? Him.
3. Who said, “I love you” first? Um.. not sure actually. I know he said, "I really, really like you Pen" first so perhaps that was it. (Heh heh)
4. Who is taller? Him - I'm 1.65m and he's about another 10-15cm taller
The next question seems to have vanished somewhere in cyberspace, but Hannah/Teeni made up her own one so I’ll copy her …
5. Who drives most when you are out together? He does.
6. Who is more sensitive? Me!
7. Who does the laundry? Me again.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me again. I can't remember how we worked that one out. We bought out bed prior to getting married (the first purchase together apart from the rings) and he slept in it at the flat before I got there so we must have had a discussion about "sides" but I don't remember exactly.
9. Who pays the bills? Mostly me, but that was because I was at home more. Probably now it will be a mixture.
10. Who cooks more? Me. He can cook but doesn't. I should ask him to do more in that area.
11. Who is more stubborn? Oh him definitely. Man. I think it's a Dugmore thing. Seems like most of the males on his side are like it! Little daughter has inherited it too... going to make it interesting for her partner.
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Me. I can't stand it if there is bad feeling. So I say sorry even when it's not my fault. (See 11).
13. Who has more siblings? Me - I have 2 younger sisters. He has 1 older sister.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Hmmm... I defer to him in many things but we do make big decisions together. We also defer to each other's expertise where necessary. Of us both I am probably the "stronger" but when I'm not myself (e.g. the first 6 weeks after DS was born I was a bit of an emotional hormonal wreck) he can step up to the plate and be there.
15. What do you like to do together? You really want to know? *snort* Okay... BK (before kids) we did a lot of tramping type activities and we still like to do things like that. Both of us have an interest in nature, science and related things. Both of us like to read, do stuff on the 'puter, eat and drink nice food. We also have individual hobbies that complement each other e.g. he likes photography, I like scrapbooking. I wish we'd had opportunity to travel before we had kids but the old bio-clock was ticking. We do the garden together much to his sister's amusement because she could never persuade him to help her do gardening. Ahh the power of lurve. ;-)
16. Who eats more sweets? He does. He's a sucker (pun intended) for marshmallows.
17. Guilty Pleasures? hee hee!
18. How did you meet? He was boarding in a basement flat belonging to some of our friends from church. They introduced us in a sense. I'd know who he was for ages but never actually talked or approached him.
19. Who asked whom out first? He did. I blogged about it here. Totally surprised me! :-) And my sisters. (Doncha love siblings!?)
20. Who kissed who first? oooo. I think it was our 3rd date. I went to see him off home again and he said "I was hoping for a goodbye kiss actually". So he got a chaste peck. But they soon developed into rather more than pecks. *giggle*
22. His best features and qualities? He's a gentle guy. The strong, silent type. He puts up a tough front sometimes but he is actually a big softie. He has a good sense of humour and we have some silly times together. He's intelligent. He can fix complicated electronic stuff. He is quite creative.
23. Tag some people. I’m tagging these people (if they feel like it and have the time):Rachel
Sarah (only if she wants to since she's just had her first baby)