Friday, August 22, 2008

Read While Waiting

On behalf of another librarian.

Read While Waiting is an event/project which is happening at 3pm tomorrow , Saturday.

Basically - at 3pm tomorrow , wherever you are in the country ,you stop what you are doing - head to a public space, either alone or with friends and start reading for 15 minutes.

The idea being to celebrate and participate in the world wide happening, Reading While Waiting project,  being organised globally by the people at Random Alphabets in Malaysia

The organised bit - 3pm tomorrow - Saturday 23rd

If you live in Auckland , Christchurch or Wellington and want to make it more of a group happening thing - then head to either Aotea Square, Cathedral Square or Civic Square -- i.e outside the City Gallery.

You can also go to the Face Book group pages

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20394646490

There are pages for Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch ..

Also there are going to be groups assembling in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, KL , and a whole heap of other places.

There are also a whole bunch of new videos and other news at the Random Alphabets site
http://randomalphabets.com/?p=492

There you go - spread the love!!

Hope people join in
Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 pm

    Neat idea! I'll be at my cousin's wedding in Wellington at 3pm tomorrow, but perhaps I can sneak a book into my handbag ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm ... 3 pm your time, 11am my time. Yep I could probably lounge about with a book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is ten to three and guess what I am doing, hee hee?

    How fortuitous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Sadly I missed it (and I was photowalking in Auckland at the time)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:00 am

    eeeks I missed it too.

    ReplyDelete