Saturday, January 05, 2013

#blog12daysxmas 5th Jan

And so we come to the end of the 12 days of Christmas.

Miss5 went off to a birthday party this morning having gone early to the shops with me to obtain a gift. Nothing quite like being organized is there?!

It has been a gorgeous summer day, not a cloud in the sky and a pleasant breeze to make the laundry dry super quick. I love the crisp feel and sun cooked smell of the clean clothes when you bring them in from the line.

The courgette plant is starting to get away on me a bit so I made some pickle. It turned out a bit saltier than I intended but will be okay I think. Chutney is planned for tomorrow.

Iced coffee pops were made and consumed by adults.

The children are spending the next week with their grandparents up north so their bags have been packed in preparation for the trip. It is strange without them but with both of us back at work next week I'm grateful they will have some time to holiday with their grands while the grandparents are still able, healthy and hearty.

Best wishes to my blog readers for the New Year!





1 comment:

  1. Coffee pops look great! Hope your children have a fun time with their grandparents - mine always did

    ReplyDelete