Sunday, January 06, 2008

Flaunt it Friday:own your dream | 1 Word

themommykelly's FIF theme combines nicely with some other themes about on the "internets". The thing to do instead of making resolutions for the New Year is to concentrate on a word.

I see Ali Edwards is promoting it and I've noticed other places where it has been mentioned - like this thread at SBO's forum.

It is good to have a purpose each day, a sincere desire to achieve something or focus on something. I do have a number of purposes. Some are related to my spiritual life - something I don't talk much about here but which is of primary importance to me. Some are related to my roles as a wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend.

The difficulty I find, is remembering these things when the pressure goes on. When the kids are pulling my skirt for attention, DH is ratttling around trying to find his keys/phone/glasses/wallet and I've got to make lunches or stop something from burning - that is the time when I need to remember the most but it's also the time when I don't!

My friend Amy (Crunchy Domestic Goddess) has decided on an approach to get her through the day:
I wrote some motivational phrases to myself and secured them with a magnet in a stack on the refrigerator. For the past two mornings, I’ve gone through the stack to find a phrase that I wanted to apply for the day and moved it to the top of the stack.

I'm going to combine Amy, Ali's, themommykelly's ideas and make myself a word/phrase stack for my fridge. Here are some of the words I'm going to include:

  • Love (probably the most important, and one that encompasses a whole range of possibilities).
  • Balance
  • Prayer
  • Faith
  • Grace
  • Mercy
  • Acceptance
  • Thankfulness
  • Peace
  • Joy
  • Temperance
  • Live mindfully
  • Forgiveness
  • Today
  • Patience
  • Kindness
  • Gentleness
  • Endure
  • Choose to be happy
  • Little things
Watch this space! I shall post some pics once they are made. Need to get some magnetic stuff...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 pm

    What a wonderful list of words!! Some really great ones there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Penny. Love the idea. Also loving your pics in the post below and your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 am

    Hehe yep must be going around, as all good things do! Yep love the fridge idea, I'm also gonna use sticky notes,note boards, mirrors and some canvases to help 'remind' myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:26 am

    I totally love that idea, Penny! I am so stealing it! And thumbs up on your goals. Whoa! It's all a matter of keeping them close to our hearts!

    Happy New Year 2008! And the best with all your goals.

    Thanks for participating! I truly enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I had a word last year and mostly remembered it, but haven't thought this year trhough yet. Beautiful photos, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, awesome list of words there

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea.. I could do reminding myself with a few of those sometimes!! :)

    Trace

    ReplyDelete