Feel free to do this meme I found ...
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
It wasn't a concious thought but would have been something like:"Get comb ... comb out wet hair".
2. Favorite planet?
Earth - never been anywhere else!
3. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My Mum/Dad's number.
4. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
It's not a phone with fancy rings so I have it on a plain one.
5. Do you “label” yourself?
umm.. I s'pose I do. I stick myself in several boxes.
6. What does your watch look like?
Silvery. It was my engagement present from DH. It is at the jewellers getting a new brain right now.
7. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Possibly sleeping, possibly visiting the smallest room.
8. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"Hi - just wondering how u r & how your day. Love N." From SIL.
9. What's a word that you say a lot?
10. Last furry thing you touched?
11. Favorite age you have been so far?
26 maybe. But I don't feel too much different from then so get surprised when I think about how old I am.
12. Your worst enemy?
Oh - me for sure.
13. What is your current desktop picture?
An old layout I did of DS.
14. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Where?" *trying to see some suspected thieves in our library*
15. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Give me ze money. Then I can fly whereever I like! LOL!
16. Do you like someone?
Well duh! yes!
17. The last song you listened to?
Something they were playing at daycare - probably something like Bob the builder.
18. What time of day were you born?
Around 3pm I think.
19. What's your favorite number?
Don't really have one - maybe 7.
20. Where did you live in 1987?
At the beginning of the year we were in Germany and then England, and then we came home to NZ.
21. Are you jealous of anyone?
Sometimes. It's usually a temporary thing. I have a pretty good life! LOL!
22. Is anyone jealous of you?
Dunno. I'd hardly think so.
23. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Asleep. I heard about it on the radio going to work and we spent the a lot of the day at work glued to the TV and internet. After a while it just got too much and we turned the TV off. Everyone was subdued.
24. Do you consider yourself kind?
On the whole yes.
25. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Somewhere where it could be covered like my butt. I'm not into tatts.
26. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
27. Would you move for the person you loved?
28. What's your life motto?
Not sure I have a permanent one. "It won't matter in 100 years" is sometimes helpful. "Do unto others etc" is a good 'un.
29. What's your favorite town/city?
I'm a homebod. I like Auckland. But I liked Wellington when I lived there for a while. I think I could be happy enough in most places in NZ. Indigenous people don't have a monopoly on "connection to the land". I've noticed that when I've been overseas and come back to NZ I always have this big feeling of relief to be back on NZ soil. However interesting the other country may have been, I feel displaced until I'm back. Another funny thing is I feel odd when I'm in a landlocked place... somehow the coastal areas always seem so much more comfortable.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Do Christmas cards count? I sent a bunch on Friday last week. I used to write a lot of letters but now my communication medium of choice is email/IM/Txt etc.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Nup. I can change a tire though. And put petrol in the car. And drive it.
32. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He got stranded hang gliding off some cliff.
33. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Um - Mum's been doing some stuff on this and I think she's got back (so far) to the early 1800's. Not sure about the dates on Dad's side but we know where they came from in England so that would make it mid-1800's anyway. It's neat looking at the old photos - I have an interest in genetics, so I'm always comparing them with me.
34. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Fancy? Depends on what you mean by fancy. I get dressed up for church on Sunday so if you count that it would be a maternity skirt I made plus a plain white maternity blouse. If you mean fancy/schmancy then it would be at my wedding in 1999! LOL!
35. Have you been burned by love?
Oh yes. Got to kiss a few frogs before getting the right one ;)