(for 2 portions of pasta)
(Edited to add: This process took us about an hour I think. It took longer than otherwise because DS was "helping"!)
1. Break the eggs into the flour and stir with a fork.
2. Knead to a smooth dough.
3. Form into small "patties" and flour generously.
4. Unless you have an Italian grandmother & her rolling pin handy, pass the patties through a pasta machine.
5. Keep passing the dough through the machine on sucessively higher settings until you have a thin "tongue" of pasta dough. Lay on a floured surface and leave to dry a little. Continue with the remainder of the dough in the meantime.
6. Sprinkle some flour over the long tongues of pasta and pass through the pasta machine again using the fettucine blades.
7.Leave the noodles to dry slightly in little nests.
8. Bring a pot of salty water to the boil and cook pasta until al dente.
Serve with a sauce of your choice. The one displayed here is Walnut and Garlic Sauce.