Sunday, June 05, 2022

#blogjune2022 June 5 more cooking

 Spent part of the day dealing to some cooking related activities.

Firstly, decanted my damson plum gin into a bottle. It smells a lot like kirsch. It is a beautiful deep red.

Earlier in the year when we had such hot weather (for Auckland), I planted a mango seed in a pot to see what would happen. To my surprise, I discovered it had put up a shoot. I have no expectations from this shoot, it doesn’t look that healthy but I’m curious to see what happens.

We planted out two avocado trees that had self seeded in our garden - not in any great hopes they’ll produce anything worthwhile but if they do, it will be a bonus. 


Mum gave me some Seville oranges from her garden and a work colleague gave us lemons so I made marmalade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment