Thursday, June 02, 2022

#blogjune2022 June 2 Sewing Projects

MrD has requested a Peaky Blinders look to be created. After hunting online for a while, I have managed to create a baker boy hat for him, modelled here by Grizelda my helper. 
Next up is a waistcoat. It's all cut out, but there are some new tailoring techniques I'm going to have to learn - bound welt pockets. It's a little nerve wracking because the fabric is $30 a metre and I don't want to mess up!

MrD's ancestors hail from Birmingham so he's channelling some of us DNA. However, I am confident they weren't gangsters since their professions listed on the census of the time were things like jewellery maker, silversmith, pencil case maker. Who knows if they did rub up against the Birmingham gangs of the time.

MrD intends to get hold of his g-grandad's fob watch to add to his ensemble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment