Saturday, April 13, 2013

Robo-me

One of the difficult things when sewing for myself is getting the fit right. A sewing mannequin assists with the process but they are very expensive and not something I can consider at the present time. So I decided to make this.

DH was enlisted to help me. Much joking about kinkiness ensued.  Wearing a garbage bag isn't the nicest thing to do.  It gets very hot!  Just after this photo I ran out of duct tape, so DH had to go on a mercy dash to get some more.  

He did offer to drive me in my semi-naked-duct-tape-suit but I could barely walk. Actually, I couldn't even bend to sit.  Just as well no call of nature was required while he was out. I lay on the bed like some zombie with rigor mortis to await his return.

 

Once the duct tape supply was replenished, I somehow got myself upright again and the wrapping continued.  Until finally, the Robo-me version emerged. DH decided to use a colour over his flash to make me glow.  I think I look like something from a 60s sci-fi movie!


Here she is, stuffed as hard as I could get it with plastic bags. There are heaps inside there. I don't want to think about how many!  But better inside Robo-me than released into the environment.



What to call her? Any suggestions?!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't sewn for years, think my machine is broken, but this almost has me wanting to start up again! Love shiny, shiny SF look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a cool idea......and a good way to use up those bags to stuff it. I am thinking something like Silver something for a name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea! I never would have thought of that, but I might have to steal your idea :)

    ReplyDelete