Monday, February 23, 2009

figs and goat cheese


figs and goat cheese
Originally uploaded by pdugmore2001.

My fig tree is starting to bear ripening fruit. I hadn't looked at it for a few days because of the rain, but I noticed the starlings and wax eyes were in the tree and helping themselves so realised I'd better check!

They are delightful fresh with Puhoi's Fresh Goat Cheese.

I'll be making some jam when I get enough.

Does anyone want a fig tree? My Dad has 3 he has struck from cuttings. All healthy plants waiting for a fig-lovin' owner. Let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Figs and goats chees - YUM - just yum, Penny!

    Could you make fig jelly (like you do with quince) and/or relish or chutney too? They would be yum, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's the annual "make Jenny jealous" thread! I would love a fig tree but I'm not sure that it would grow here, let alone how I could get it here. If you're making and selling jam this, I'll buy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, can't say I'm up for having one of your little trees! Might be a bit difficult hehee. Actually I don't think I have ever tasted fresh figs. Happy nibbling with your figs and cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh figs. I hope to have a fig tree, but we'll see. There was a mini stampede at our local grower's markets last Saturday morning and it was for...fresh figs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:58 pm

    Penny if your Dad has any left we would love one...Mmmm fresh figs...yummy! Cheers, Debbie B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Jenny I would love one but I don't think that the Wellington climate suits them - bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, fresh ripe figs and goat cheese sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep, we have wild figs, which are smaller than those of the modern ones. just inherited from previous owner, not sure, been how long have it there. not sure what to do with the figs, as they are so tiny. i imagine goat cheese will meet the taste of figs. West Auckland is waaaaaaaaay away from our way hehehe...

    ReplyDelete